It’s in beta now. But it’s still pre-release software, and if you’re wise you’ll never run anybody’s betas. Not ours, not Apple’s, not anybody’s. Running beta software is free labor for other people — and it’s not always that fun, since bugs can be pretty darn frustrating.
If you still want it…
Check for updates — if your preferences are set for test builds — or download the latest.
Changes since 5.1a2:
- Articles with non-ASCII URLs can now open in browser
- Adding feeds with non-ASCII URLs now works
- Feeds view, timeline: fixed bug where multiple selection could result in showing only unread articles
- Help menu: NetNewsWire Help now links to the 5.1 help book
- Inspector: window title now matches name of thing being inspected
- VoiceOver: fix bug navigating into the Add Account table
- Fixed crash that could happen when adding an account
- Preferences: Removed non-working (due to sandboxing) feature for setting the default RSS reader